Forum OpenACS Q&A: OACS Social - April 23rd in Cambridge, Mass

Hey guys,

For those who like to hang out with nerds while drinking beer, here's another opportunity.

There will be an OACS Social on April 23rd at RedBones in Slummerville - uh, Somerville, MA, which is next to Cambridge. Close enough that I can call it Cambridge, in fact. Or at least, close enough to call it Cambridge so that I don't confuse all those people that aren't Massholes.

Confirmed special guest for this social is.... Roberto James Tzaki Aadrvark Mello, OACS gatekeeper, husband to Julia and son of Darth Vader.

In honor of Roberto's visit to New England, Vinod has promised to show up in his finest loin cloth and to lead a conga line through Harvard Square at the end of the night.

If you are interested in coming, please drop a line to talli@museatech.net.

looking forward to seeing everyone!

talli

😊 I'll be there, and it'll be nice to finally see some others OpenACS folks I only see through the bboards or #openacs.

Looking forward to seeing everyone too.

Well, I'm about to head to salt lake city to take the plane to Boston. Hope to see many of you at tomorrow's social 😊
Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Hey guys,

Once again, the Social is tonight at RedBones http://www.redbonesbbq.com in Somerville. I'll be there at around 6, and we should meet downstairs at the bar. When there are enough people, we can get a table, which I figure will be around 7.

I figure the social will last till 9. By that time, the owners will want to kick us out, everyone will be bored with Vinod's tails of pirating on the seas or both.

talli

Hopefully he'll have better stories this time.  And if I hear the Happy Pirate Song again, I'll probably scream.
Ah, but Mark, you weren't there Tuesday night, so how would you know?

I'm disappointed, I must have left too early to hear the Happy Pirate
Song.