Forum OpenACS Q&A: Acceptance Test Server

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Hi to all testers and volunteers

Following a number of requests I have now changed the permissioning on this system so that all registered users are able to record tests and record new test cases.

Hope this now makes life easier.

IMPORTANT
I have quite a lot of people registered on the test server but unfortunately there's not yet been the level of activity I'd hoped for.

Testing for Release
We are now very keen to get an official, production release out there. To do this we need to do more testing on the beta. The more people who can help out, even in a small way, the faster this can happen, and I know everyone would like to see a production release asap.

Every Little Helps!
I don't have much time available to test a whole package
Thats ok. Anytime at all is useful, even if all you have time to do is test a couple of bits of functionality, please record a description of the test (so someone else can use it) and then record you results. It doesn't matter if testing is combined amongst a number of people.

I can't perform tests for some reason
Again, no problem. You could *really* help out by lending us half an hour and creating some new test types, even if you aren't able to test them yourself. This saves other time and helps us build up our written test plan.

I'm not interested in testing, but I am using the beta for development/operation.
Excellent! If your using the beta anyway, then by definition you'll be exercising its functionality. If you can spend the odd ten minutes, writing down functionality you use adn recording that as tests, thats ok too!

Many thanks in advance, and those of you busy testing, thanks for your efforts thus far
Simon

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Thanks for posting, Simon!  I want to emphasize that *any* testing helps, even if you can only spare an hour, is precious and useful.

And yes, if you're using it for development/operation please feel free to communicate your experiences with a particular slice of the toolkit if you have some spare time.  Successful production use will give us a certain ease of mind for packages that aren't currently being systematically tested.  If you also were to be able to spare a couple of hours of clicking on every visible link in a package you're using to make sure they don't crash that would be great, too ... but even if you can't take the time just anecdotal testing evidence will be *very* useful.

And, yes, thanks for the help given thus far.

And thanks to Simon and OpenMSG for putting up the test server!

Also thanks to all of you submitting bug reports and patches.  Many of the patches have made it into the system and I intend to spend more time looking at others this weekend (if I can finish getting acs-subsite to work properly in PG).