Jeremy who was working on the theme-selva package has left so we need to find people to help continue the Work. Iñigo (at UNED), Malte, Andrew and Rocael have all expressed interest and done some contributions. Iñigo did the CSS for selva-flex, a design Dorian did that does not require images so it will be very easy to change color palettes. Malte did work in porting this to openacs 5.2.
Regretably we still haven't got around putting the pieces together.
I uploaded a revised version of the package at:
Hopefully Malte or Joel will upload it into CVs this week and then we can work from there.
I made small changes from Jeremy's 0.6:
1) renamed subnavbar and navbar procedures that had the names wrong.
2) added the admin link that was missing in the communities folder
3) added some docs
3) did some testing, and the following issues
Since the package is still not in bugtracker I document some of the problems here. We then need to divide the work between the people above (or others who so wish):
Some of the bigger tasks would include:
1) styling the calendar and other applications (using CSS),
2) adding some new default text and portlets and
3) organising the preferences information into portlets (or maybe static code that looks like portlets).
Some of the smaller:
- Reduce the margin on the portlet tabs (so that their left side beccomes closer to the left side of the portlet box - see mock up). The margin are distractingly big at the moment. They should be at about 12px. Maybe if you just add this to the portlet-title class:
- Remove log out as a tab. It should be a link at the top right (next to "welcome, username"). The tab is bad usability-wise because log out is an action not a section, and many of us keep hitting it accidentally to check the section and logging themselves out without wanting to.
- Eventually, each tab section, when clicked has its own colour. Not sure how best to implement this.
- The top and bottom border overlap the shadow on the right side of the page. This could perhaps be remedied by adding right margins to the top and bottom borders so that they don't stick out as far.
- The tab currently titled "home" should really be titled "MySpace" and the subnavigation link beneath that now says: "MySpace" should be "home". Communities and courses tabs will also have a "home" link in the subnavigation pertaining to them so we don't want to get confusin by having more than one home on the page. There are course homes and community homes and therefore, the user's MySpace section also has a home.
- The subnavigation "My Space, My Calendar, MyFiles" should not remain under each tab. Each tab has it's own corresponding subnavigation. The subnavigation that is now visible everywhere, should only pertain to the MySpace tab, and should only appear when you are in the MySpace tab. The others will have their own.
- When you are not enrolled in a class the corresponding portlet should have some default text: "You are currently not enrolled in any courses. Click the link above to join a course." Then the link should say "Join/Drop a course" rather than "Join/Drop a class or community group"
- When you are not enrolled in a community the corresponding portlet should have some default text: "You are currently not enrolled in any communities. Click the link above to join a community." Then the link should say "Join/Drop a community" rather than "Join/Drop a class or community group"
For heading styles and text styles, I will edit the CSS directly and upload the new version.