Forum OpenACS Development: xowiki.css not referenced during edit

Editing an xowiki page is not activating xinha on a couple sites I admin. Editing a page shows the short textarea for content.

Values of acs-templating parameters:
UseHtmlAreaForRichtextP 1
RichTextEditor xinha

Comparing a broken xowiki edit page with one on openacs.org:

1. The body tag and other javascript code seems fairly consistent.
2. xowiki.css is referenced at openacs.org, but not on these other sites. Specifically:

xinha_config.stylistLoadStylesheet('/xowiki/resources/xowiki.css',
     {'div.code' : 'Code Block'});
    xinha_config.stylistLoadStylesheet('/doc/openacs.css');

However, I noticed that xinha *is* working with xowiki on a site with heavily modified css that does not reference xowiki.css.

The sites are using cvs head from an early and late year 2009. I know templating has been changing. Just wondering what I can do to get it to function until templating is fully evolved.

Any suggestions?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Hi Torben,

The two main reasons, why xinha does not show up are:
- the config parameter UseHtmlAreaForRichtextP is set by default to 0 (you seem to have changed this for your sites).
- modified master templates (the ones from cvs head are a moving target, the ones for released versions are usually fine).

There is no dependency between xowiki.css and xinha (xinha works with and without xowiki). xinha does not load xowiki.css by default (it could not do so e.g. in a forum, and it does not in an xowiki instance). The xowiki instance at openacs.org/xowiki was configured to use the xinha plugin stylist and to load for this plugin the mentioned .css files. Since xowiki can be used for various purposes (weblog, news, faq, slides, ...) enforcing the load of stylist and a single xowiki.css is not recommended.

Since seem to have quite recent versions, my recommendation would be to use the OpenACS 5.5.1 release (with its master templates) which was released on Sept 13 2009...

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Thank you, Gustaf. I'll do that.