Forum OpenACS Q&A: User experience

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks, I am on my sopabox once again. I have a pretty good chance to become involved in a global tourism project, to which I may be elected to provide the network infrastructure. In order to convince the folks that started the initiative, I decided to create , proposed enhancements (many of which are allready available I am sure (so its a combo of acs 3 & 4)) and description of my daily experience with ACS an d my end users reactions. One of the major problems newbies will have, once they succeeded to get ACS running, is they have an empty system which is very confusing. I invite any newcommer to register on traveler and play around, ask questions etc. I am convinced it will answer quite a few questions.

Many tasks you need to accomplish can be done with the default ACS modules, only your perception, and lack of insight might lead you to believe you need become a tcl coder. well, I am not a hacker, and don't want to become one, so have forced myself to find answers the hard way. The funny thing is, I still need some code changed, but the shopping list is becomming shorter by the week. One thing that would be great to have as a seperate module would be the mailinglist Is hidden in e-commerce unfortunately, but I am sure it's no big deal to give it it's own place. So the next few days I will be adding descriptions to the FAQ 's, and add my comments as what might be usefull to make things work for newbies. Check the userguide for more info