A modeling interpreter is being built for the accounting-finance package.
It's a linear programming variation of calculator/spreadsheet math to make models easier to read and program for non-tcl users while providing some security (no square brackets etc).
Does an environment like this already exist for OpenACS/tcl?
Right now these are the main variations from tcl:
1. equations require spaces as delimiters between most everything
2. functional lines use equal sign = instead of SET to help reduce potential security issues.
3. all nonfunctional lines are ignored (as comments)
4. comments can be appended to a functional line after double dash (--)
5. the sections: initial conditions, loop, values tracking, and report calculations are delimited by a pound sign (#)