Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to PostreSQL version incompatibility and Query Dispatcher

The new form of timestamp also works on 7.1 (well, 7.1.3 anyway) so you can just rewrite them in the new form. If older 7.1 versions don't support it please let me know.

I checked in a couple fixes for this on calendar but I think calendar is pretty hosed right now (I understand Ben Adida is working on it). I have it working for a single calendar and non recurring events but a bunch of other bits are missing (choosing calendars, creating recurring events, etc).

All this is beside the point, since there are some places where you need to support multiple versions of the same DBMS eg like in schema browser if it had used the query dispatcher (db internals tend to change around a lot across versions).

The real answer is that you follow the guidelines in https://openacs.org/4/query-dispatcher and name the files blah-postgresql-7.2.xql and version distinguished data model files similiarly. Of course since there are no files at all in the tree like this now you will have to tell us if it works :)