Forum OpenACS Development: Make code reviews more public, please

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Tracy, at least to me, code review write ups of that sort sound like something that should preferably be published on openacs.org, rather than just sent to one or two members of the OCT. IMO, the more solid technical review that gets done in the open, the better off OpenACS will be. If there are, say, proprietary client-specific details embedded in the report, then that's good reason to keep it private until you can find the time to do a 2nd draft. But if it's fear of stepping on other developers' toes (aka, politics), well, I think some toe bruising is a cost worth bearing.
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
I posted a copy here (agree with you Andrew):

https://openacs.org/storage/view/miscellaneous/Assessment-Review.doc

I asked Tracy to do it, because she has looked at the code with fresh eyes for a client project she worked on recently and I am trying to get an idea of what we can do to improve it.

I am working with Don on another project that might allow for some improvements to assessment (if it actually fits into the requirements AND I can convince Don to touch it), but for now any sort of feedback and open discussion on possible improvements/direction would be appreciated.