Forum OpenACS Development: Multiple listbuilder tables on one page

I have multiple listbuilder tables on one page with pagination and orderby turned on. For orderby I can add an orderby_name and therefore provide a distinction for each table, what it should orderby.

Sadly this does not work with page, so if I got to page 2 of one table all other tables go to page 2 as well. Not really desired... Any clue what to do about it bar saying "forget listbuilder pagination, use ExtJS".

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Yes,

Fix listbuilder to parameterize the pagingator name or use the list name to make sure they are unique.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Yet, this would be a change in core, which requires a TIP? Additionally, wouldn't it make more sense to have a prefix option, where we would add the prefix to the variables we need for ordering and pagination? And if we use a prefix option, should it maybe default to the list name? And if we have it default to the list's name, do we still need the orderby_name?

Okay... way to many questions. I have a hunch though, that I will actually be quicker in rewriting two of the pagination listbuilders using ExtJS Grids, which will make my clients even happier (as they got the hang for asking me to be able to drag and drop columns, have a roweditor etc. And if I have an ExtJS Grid, adding these features is much easier.

But maybe someone else will stumble across the same problem and have time to fix listbuilder properly (once above questions have been answered).