Forum .LRN Q&A: Tables related with exam answers and grades

I`m trying to map the exam answers to competences, but I can´t find the table where the individual answers are stored. Please, somebody who knows the database.
Thank you.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Irma,

Answers are stored in the evaluation_answers table:

Table "public.evaluation_answers"
     Column     |  Type   | Modifiers
----------------+---------+-----------
 answer_id      | integer | not null
 answer_item_id | integer |
 party_id       | integer | not null
 task_item_id   | integer |
 comment        | text    |
 comments       | text    |
Indexes:
    "evaluation_answers_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (answer_id)
    "evaluation_answers_tid_index" btree (party_id, task_item_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "evaluation_answers_answer_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (answer_id) REFERENCES cr_revisions(revision_id)
    "evaluation_sans_aiid_fk" FOREIGN KEY (answer_item_id) REFERENCES cr_items(item_id)
    "evaluation_sans_pid_fk" FOREIGN KEY (party_id) REFERENCES parties(party_id)
    "evaluation_sans_tid_fk" FOREIGN KEY (task_item_id) REFERENCES cr_items(item_id)
Collapse
Posted by Irma Gamez on
Thanks. Actually what I need is the individual answer. But the evaluation`s maintainer said that evalations don´t have individual answers but surveys. As you can see, I`m new with this.
Collapse
Posted by Irma Gamez on
Hi Emmanuelle. I´m working in a competency project and I`m a little bit lost :S I really need some help with tables.
I need to find the student´s answers to surveys/questionaries, a query with the users, their answers and thier average. Then, I want to relate each question or document (for tasks) to a competence.
Than you very much.
Collapse
Hi Irma,

The table I pointed stores the individual answer data (user identifier, evaluation identifier, etc.) except the file that has been uploaded by the student.

Note there is a foreign key on evaluation_answers.answer_id to cr_revisions.revision_id (content repository). "evaluation_answers" is a subtype of the "cr_revision" acs object type. All the specific data related to evaluation that can't be handled by the content repository is stored in the evaluation_answers table.

The file uploaded by student is stored in the content repository. Depending on the storage type, the physical file will be stored in the database (lob column of the cr_revisions table) or in the file system. The storage type is set by the StoreFilesInDatabaseP parameter of the evaluation package instance.

You can have a look at the script that handles the uploading of answers to understand what happens: packages/evaluation/www/answer-add-edit.tcl. It calls the evaluation::new_answer Tcl procedure. In turn, evaluation::new_answer calls content::revision::new to create a new revision for the answer.

I hope that will clear things up a little.

Collapse
Hi Irma,

I have been at TEC-digital in february but I don't think we met. Feel free to email me in spanish, ask Mario for my email address.

Collapse
Posted by Irma Gamez on
Muchas gracias. Le pediré su correo.
Otra pregunta: ¿el contenido que corresponde a un curso se guarda en las tablas acs_ o cr_? Es que necesito referenciar cada lección/capítulo/unidad de aprendizaje de un curso a un bloque de competencias.
Saludos.
Collapse
Hola Irma,

Entiendo que se refiere a cursos SCORM, manejados por los paquetes lors y lorsm, o IMS-LD, manejados por el paquete imsld. El contenido de ambos se guarda en el file-storage, que a su vez, hace uso del content repository.

No obstante, recomendaría asociar las competencias al objeto de aprendizaje que es el que aporta la información relevante del mismo, y no al contenido almacenado en el content repository.

Collapse
Posted by Irma Gamez on
Buenas noches, como ha estado. Todavía no consigo su correo. Quisiera saber cómo se manejan las evaluaciones en el paquete imsld. En las tablas no encuentro dónde se guardan calificaciones, ni veo que se relacionan con las tablas evaluation. Muchas gracias.