Forum OpenACS Development: xowiki 0.18

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Since yesterday, there is a new version of xowiki in the cvs HEAD. The changes are:
  • Some support for text/enhanced (with some shortcomings on the principal side: this won't work well if a site is changing the rich text property on the fly; see https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?format=table&bug%5fnumber=2789
    for more details)
  • Support for nicer URLs (....xowiki/pages/PAGENAME).
    This seems to work as well in cases when the PAGENAME contains slashes (such as "xowiki/pages/a/b/admin/")
  • Import and export of pages: I got nervous, as the upgrade to oacs 5.2.2 did not work, e.g.
    Failed to install Content Repository, version 5.2.2. The following error was generated:

psql:upgrade-5.2.1d1-5.2.1d2.sql:930: ERROR: column "revision_id" duplicated
        CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "content_type__refresh_view" line 53 at execute statement PL/pgSQL function "inline_0" line 14 at perform
    so, as i don't have the time right now to look into the problem of the upgrade, i implemented a quick way to export and import the xowiki pages based on the oo-layer for the CR to be on the safe side. Right now, import/export does not do anything about images in oacs. Import/export might be used as well for copying pages between different xowiki instances of one oacs installation or for copying xowiki pages between different oacs installations. The buttons for import/export are in xowiki/admin.

as i am infrequently checking the chatlogs, some remarks to statements there:

• searching: i have not figured out yet, how the new search interface works. is there somewhere a small example?
  • file selector/image upload: there seems to be a misconception, that this code is not available yet. The file-selector with image upload capabilities is included in all xowiki versions since Nov. 11. The file selector can be reached from the xinha toolbar (the two icons left of the table-insert icon)
  • the listing on xowiki/ is rather a developer/administrator interface than a end user interface. the basic idea is to link to pages that define the navigation.
  • if you wonder what the different page types are for,
    check the documentation in
    https://openacs.org/xowiki-doc/
The test installation of xowiki at aocs.org has two things i have not seen yet: (a) upon startup, i see a JavaScript error message about a syntax error in a file that does not exist in my installations. is there maybe a permission problem that causes xinha to output wrong error messages? (b) when a field with xinha is displayed, the format selection field is displayed (enhanced text, etc) is shown as well. xowiki does not show me the format selector in my installations, showing it does not make sense. Aside from end user issues, I do expect some harm from the format selector with the new text/enhanced features of xowiki. Whoever works the installation of xowiki there, send me some mail in case i can help with this.

in a couple of minutes, i will upload the apm files for xowiki and xotcl-core in media.wu-wien.ac.at/download/

Collapse
2: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Gustaf.

Check that this upgrade was run

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/packages/acs-content-repository/sql/postgresql/upgrade/Attic/upgrade-5.2.0a1-5.2.0a2.sql?rev=1.1.2.5&only_with_tag=oacs-5-2&view=markup

It replaces the content_type__refresh_view procedure to work with types that incorrectly don't have a type specific table (edit-this-page) or have a duplicate table name (acs_messaging) by using uppercase instead of lowercase table name.

Collapse
4: Re: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 2)
Dave, many thanks, this helped!
Collapse
3: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 1)
i wrote a small script to convert man pages to xowiki pages based PolyglotMan (see http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4293)
This script postprocesses the output of rman, produces xotcl objects of class ::xowiki::Page, which can be directly imported into xowiki 0.18. If you have xowiki installed and you want to import the man(n) pages from tcl, mount xowiki e.g. under /mann, goto /mann/admin/import and load the mann-import.tcl file from below.Maybe, someone finds this useful...
Collapse
5: Re: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 3)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Useful? You must be kidding, this is awesome! You could promote XOwiki now to all developers and state that they should use XOwiki for maintaining the man pages 😊.

Looking forward to more levels of XOwik(i)edness.

Collapse
6: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Gustaf

THe pages file/directory is missing in the OpenACS CVS version of xowiki 0.18

The view links are broken on https://openacs.org/xowiki now.

Collapse
7: Re: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 6)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I downloaded the tarball and added the missing file to CVS.
Collapse
8: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 1)
Posted by Roger Lockerbie on
Was going to answer Gustaf on the fix for content refresh but DaveB already did it.

Brae and I delivered off 5.2.0 so anyone who downloaded that shortlived release is going to have to run the alpha1 -> alpha2 patch to fix that view.

On another unrelated note, has anyone else noted that Forums now show the authoer of a topic as whomever the last person to comment on the topic is.... Surely that is wrong.

PS: Great stuff with xowiki Gustaf, clever stuff.

Collapse
9: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 1)
xowiki 0.19 is in cvs HEAD, containing support for site wide search (based on tsearch2)
Collapse
10: Re: xowiki 0.18 (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Thanks Gustaf. This is installed on openacs.org.