Forum OpenACS Development: formtemplate style forms

Collapse
Posted by Dafydd Crosby on
I'm in the process of updating an old OpenACS installation, and I've found that the previous developers put several formtemplate style forms in acs-templating/resources/forms/. When one updates the acs-templating package, the forms are moved along with the rest of the old acs-templating files, so adding files to the source package isn't sustainable over the long term.

I've been trying to find information on how to set the formtemplate style to local files that aren't in acs-templating, but haven't found anything. Is it possible?

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Depends on the version of OpenACS. These are parameters in acs-subsite for 5.7 and possibly 5.6

if you are referring to the path to the form style in the formtemplate tag, you should be able to refer to the full path relative to the installation directory ie:

formtemplate style="/packages/packagekey/lib/form-style"

if you just want to point to the style for a particular form.

In addition on openacs 5.6 or 5.7 you can create a new package that inherits from acs-subsite and customize that and store your custom code in there.

Collapse
Posted by Dafydd Crosby on
Awesome! That was exactly what I was looking for 😊
When I get this finished, I'll try to update the acs-templating docs so this is clearer.