Forum .LRN Q&A: Some created / modified packages of University of Valencia

Hello!

In case somebody is interested, we have placed in
http://pizarra.uv.es/ficheros/
the last releases of some created packages or with developed substantial modifications in the University of Valencia.

CARDS:
The next release of cards. Tool for store and calculate
grades for students. Allow write private and public
comments to teachers.
CHAT:
Modified release of old chat tool. Working in our
University.
POLL:
Modified release of poll package. You can set anonymous
polls. You can set a date to publish the results.
QUOTA:
For managing and restrict the disk usage (size and file
number) of dotlrn users. User and community limit.
SIUVADMIN:
Administration tool where from text files can be created
subjects, classes, subgroups, communities and users.
THEMES:
Iconic theme. We use that thema for allow include
mathematical expressions in our platform.

Regards,
Agustin

This is great. Why don't you commit that work to cvs? Maybe some of the modifications you use can be more generalized and also be committed to cvs.
Hola Agustin:

Let me second Nima's suggestion: please commit your work to repository. Specially those for chat packages, pg support, portlet and applet; I would like to see them included in the next dotlrn release.

yes, commit to CVS!

Also, can you kindly provide a demo site?

Thanks for sharing these.

I would if I still had them. They all flushed down the toilet after my hard died (chat, webmail, latex math). sorry! All packages we had still had are committed to cvs: etp dotlrn integration, the integration package, diagram package.

The only package we have right now and don't commit is groups and group-competition. But this is because of poor code quality.

Hi!

The packages your can test it in our server of test pizarra3.uv.es.

For login with professor:
Autorithy:LOCAL
User:mailto:demoprofesor@uv.es
Pw:demo123

With alumni:
User:mailto:demoalumno@uv.es

Thanks.

Hey,

the datamanager is great. Regarding cards I just wonder how it is related to the evaluation package.

Also SIUVADIM seems interesting though I was not able to see the UI. There is an ims-ent package that partially implemented the IMS Enterprise Specification. I think Rocael was the one who wrote that. It has an XML binding for the elements enterprise, group, user, membership. Maybe we can integrate your work by extending the ims-ent package. The only question is how to map subjects, classes.

Greetings,
Nima

Hello!

I have moved the quote portlet to the Curse page
at this moment. You can too test it.

Regards,
Agustin

Hi,

As agreed on the phone with Agustin, and in other medium with dotLRN meeting people, I've comitted Univ.Valencia chat package, portlet and applet to the repository. I've added also oracle support where it was missing (portlet and applet).

Moving to ajax chat is under discussion for the next dotlrn release 2.2.0 (https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=313254). With this commit, we'll have a common start point to work on chat package in the repository. Depending on which solution is adopted for dotLRN 2.2 (ajax or java), ajax chat will have to be comitted to the oacs-5-2 branch or on HEAD.

Hello!

We have two new packages. Both are running Ok
in our production environment.

WIKIPEDIA:
Read-only portlet to search the Wikipedia.
MMPLAYER:
One way to easily put multimedia content in the
classes portals to the teachers.

You can test them in:
http://pizarra3.uv.es/dotlrn/classes/s033/s033.introduccinaaulavirtual/introduccinaaulavirtualsiuv2/one-community?page_num=0

For login with professor:
User:mailto:demoprofesor@uv.es

With alumni:
User:mailto:demoalumno@uv.es

Regards,
Agustín