Forum OpenACS Development: XOWIKI files CR links broken?

Collapse
Posted by Paul Babin on
Just curious if anyone else has run into this issue.

I've uploaded files into the xowiki content repository via the xowiki interface. We can identify the that files are successfully uploaded via a terminal grep; however, through the xowiki ui in OACS, the generated link to the CR appears to be broken and the file cannot be displayed. The url generated is ../xowiki/download/file/javscriptfile.js

Also - is it possible to include a file in a xowiki page via double square-brackets that is not stored in the CR to get around this issue?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
When writing wiki-links (between double square brackets), xowiki offers the following choices.

a) [[my_script.js]]
b) [[file:my_script.js]]
c) [[js:my_script.js]]

where one achives the following renderings of the link in a package instance named "xowiki"

a) .../xowiki/file/my_script.js
b) .../xowiki/download/file/my_script.js
c) /EMPTY/

When the file was uploaded as file to xowiki, when activating the link (a), one gets the page with the meta-data (name, content type, last modified, ...). For (b) one gets the bare content (no master template, ...). In the case (c) the .js file is rendered on the page (a certain security risk, but the file has to be from the CR of the server is therefore traceable). The default rendering from the xowiki UI (for example in the last "recently changed pages" includelet) is variant (a).

Two things in your posting make me wonder
1) in the xowiki management UI, all generated links are of the form (a) and not what you describe.
2) the download link that you describe as broken, should work. If not, there is something wrong in your installation (see e.g. http://www.openacs.org/xowiki/file/naviserver-nx.png which contains a download link)

Collapse
Posted by Paul Babin on
Thank you very much for your reply. I will be looking back into our installation to see if we can diagnose our issue.

So the behavior for xowiki file upload you describe with a-c is working correctly. The issue still remains that the link generated for the file does not link to anything in the CR which leads me to your #2.

We are also experiencing excessive storage usage (x2 - x4 > expected) w/in the CR (folders appear to be recursively copying), which I think might be related and confirms #2.

Collapse
what exactly means "file does not link to anything in the CR"? do you get a file not found error, or something else (e.g. exception)?

concerning CR copying: as i read this sentence, you are using the openacs file-storage, and it uses more space than you expected? correct? if so, i see no connection to the broken link.

Collapse
Posted by Paul Babin on
We get a file not found error.
Collapse
what verison of xowiki and xotcl-core are you using?
Check YOURSITE/xotcl/version-numbers