Forum OpenACS Development: Warning: has no doc(title) set.

Hi

I'm upgrading a quite old server (5.5) to 5.8 and I'm finding some warnings/errors) so I decided to put it here with a descriptive subject just in case anybody has same problems.

I found a "Warning: /fotos/ has no doc(title) set.".

* Reason (I think):
There is no "doc list" and default-master.adp don't load it in

<if @doc@ defined><property name="&doc">doc</property></if>

* A solution that is working for me:
I fixed this adding in default-master.tcl :

set doc(title) $title (title it is defined)

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
The change to use doc(title) happened years ago. blank-master.tcl says since May 2007:
  @property doc(title)        The document title, ie. <title /> tag.
  @property doc(title_lang)   The language of the document title, if different
                              from the document language.
Anyhow, over the last months, I have fixed dozens of occurrences in packages, that do not properly set/propagate doc(title). Is /fotos an instance of photo-album? If so, upgrade to the head version.
Collapse
Posted by Cesareo Garci­a Rodicio on
I'd checked blank-master.tcl but I did't know where was the right place to set it up. It happened in photo-album but also in some custom (simple) pages.

If you'd like I can remove my "patch" and post here the warnings in my installation

Collapse
please upgrade the photo-album package to the HEAD version in cvs.
Collapse
Sorry for the delay. To install package from cvs HEAD I had to do some configuration (I had git in my openacs installation and I've forgot a lot about cvs).

Anyway, I installed some packages from HEAD and the warning dissappear.

I'm going to upgrade other packages (lars-blogger, edit-this-page ...) and see my logs (but I suppose it was the same problem)

Thanks!

Collapse
We should find a better way to handle this. Probably the easiest way to handle this is to make all 5.8.* packages available via "upgrade from repository". One limiting factor is currently that changes outside "/packages/" are not available this way (could be done via an upgrade script that copies these files to their destination).
Collapse
Yes, I think so. "Upgrade from Repository" is the easy (and fast) way (at least to me).

But, in the mean time, I can test via cvs update

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
there are three master pages that call each other, and the files are in the www dir of your service dir (where you should find license and readme.txt, etc, packages, etc).

They are each separated into .adp and .tcl, and they are called blank-master, default-master and site-master. The .tcl files have varying amounts of info, with blank-master.tcl having the most extensive, and it is this file which describes doc(title) and other variables and procs, all useful to customize the page that calls <master>.

Take a look at (your service)/www/blank-master.tcl to read about everything these master templates can do.

Collapse
Hi Jim

But I think the problem might be with some packages that do not "propagate" (I mean, set up) the doc(title) property

Thanks!