Forum OpenACS Development: xowiki 0.27

Collapse
4: xowiki 0.27 (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
xowiki 0.27 is in cvs head. This change is an important but tedious upgrade, since it aligns xowiki (and the content repository stuff in xotcl-core) more closer to the datamodel of the oacs content repository. In essence, we use now cr_items.name instead of cr_revisions.title to label items and therefore, we can use cr_revisions.title instead of xowiki_page.page_title to provide titles for xowiki pages. The upgrade script copies user-provided page_titles to the title field, which is presented in the forms. page_title is still in the datamodel, but it is deprecated and will be removed in future versions.

Textually this is a big change (plain diff is more than 1200 lines), and it is unfortunately quite easy to overlook a potential bug. however, i am most probably myself the biggest xowiki user, for me everything seems ok.

Collapse
5: Re: xowiki 0.27 (response to 4)
There is now an updated version of XoWiki in CVS head. The biggest change is that it is possible now configure Xinha per XoWiki instance or per page differently. Furthermore, Xinha can be now configured in much more details by providing means to specify JavaScript code in the rich text widget specification. On can now for example remove easily various toolbar buttons, or provide configurations for various plugins. Fore more details, see api-doc/proc-view?proc=template::widget::richtext and http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download/xowiki-doc/index.html#js.

In order to try the changes, one has to update

• packages/XoWiki
  • packages/acs-templating
  • www/blank-master.{tcl,adp}
i will describe a sample application in the semantic markup thread.
Collapse
6: Re: Re: xowiki 0.27 (response to 5)
Just to make it more explicit, the updates mentioned above are are from the following releases:

* packages/XoWiki (HEAD)
* packages/acs-templating (oacs-5-2)
* www/blank-master.{tcl,adp} (oacs-5-2)