Forum .LRN Q&A: Integrating 5 major universities

Hai Pals,

Iam trying to add new user and new access level for the users. At present there is only level Full Access and Limited Access but i want to make atleast 5 access levels and i want to assign these levels to users.

In the same way at present around 5 user are there (Professor, Student,Staff, External and Guest) but i want to add more users say around 15 user types like Head Of Department for each department and Senior Professor for each department and i need to give separate privilege access level for that.

Anothe rproblem is now we have groups and communities but i want to add University name say for example i want to use my dotlrn application for 5 major universities and all of them need to integrate in one point and in the opening page it will be there univesity details will be displayed liek courses ofered and facilities of that university like show case of the university and chat and forums. Forum should be accessble with in their university and if the admin announce it is public then all teh five universities should be able join in that forum.

Can any one please help me in this on how to implement these things.

awating for a positive reply. Thanks in advance.
Karthik

Collapse
Posted by Ashem Yadava on
hi

You would need to create procedures to grant access to the users.

For example -

# Procedure to grant moderator privilege.
ad_proc -public moderator_grant {
room_uid
grantee_id
} {
db_transaction {
db_exec_plsql grant_moderator {}
}
}

# Procedure to revoke a party's privilege to moderate.
ad_proc -public moderator_revoke {
room_uid
grantee_id
} {
db_transaction {
db_exec_plsql revoke_moderator {}
}
}

You would also need to create a procedure file in TCL

which will hold something like -

fullquery name="moderator_grant.grant_moderator"
querytext
begin
PERFORM acs_permission__grant_permission(:grantee_id, 'moderate');
PERFORM acs_permission__revoke_permission(:grantee_id, 'unmoderate');
return 0;
end;
querytext
fullquery

grantee_id is fetched from acs_permissions table.

hope u can work on similar lines.

Ashem.