Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance

Neophytos, my comments about Ben and Don being included are based on the fact that they are both highly influential on the dotLRN project right now. OF has been providing obvious, visible leadership on dotLRN to-date and Don has clearly been involved in the conversation too. That's more-or-less public knowledge. I don't know MIT's plans for exactly who is going to be on those boards, and I wouldn't presume to speak on that even if I did know. It wouldn't be my place. I'm simply pointing out that, given MIT's behavior to-date, the simplest explanation is that they are acting out of good faith to build relationships with the community, and that there is no evidence that they will not continue to listen to trusted community members in the future as they have in the past. Occam's razor.

That said, I do know Al well enough to vouch for his integrity and serious commitment about Open Source. I do not think there is any nefarious intent--on *either* side of this argument. But there is serious disagreement about how to make sure this project succeeds.