Forum OpenACS Development: xoWiki index page

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
Gustaf,
How can you make sure that the folder object doesn't appear when set to a different index_page?
i.e.
set index_page "en:index"
index shows the folder object as well as content.
Collapse
2: Re: xoWiki index page (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
hmm, i am not sure, i understand: when no index_page is defined in the folder object (default), then .../xowiki/ shows a table of pages (somewhat similar to the admin page). when the variable is set, and the page exists, it shows the defined page. This happens in xowiki/www/index.tcl If you still get the table with the pages, then maybe there is a misspelling of the page name.

I am still confused about what you mean by "index shows the folder object as well as content."

Collapse
3: Re: xoWiki index page (response to 1)
Posted by Jon Griffin on
What I mean is that my object has:
set index_page "en:index"

my en:index page is

This is a repository with our cast pages.

>left-col<<
{{adp portlets/categories {name {Table of Contents} tree_name Cast}}}
><<

Now the page named index shows up on the index page in each category.
i.e.
show
index
glenwood springs.
personal
index
newsletter
index

I believe the problem may be that if you require a category your index page also needs to have a category and that makes it part of it's own index.

This is more a UI issue and an annoyance than a bug, I hope you understand the problem.

Collapse
4: Re: Re: xoWiki index page (response to 3)
Posted by Jon Griffin on
It should look like this
- show
    index
    glenwood springs.
- personal
    index
- newsletter
    index

Collapse
ok: show, personal, and newsletter are your categories.

If you do not want to show en:index in the categories, don't assign any category to index. If you want to have it e.g. in every category, you can assign every category to en:index and it will appear everywhere (requires to allow multiple assignments in the category mapping). Is this what you want?

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
The problem is if you want a mandatory category for all the other pages, if you edit en:index it also requires a category.

So from an end user point of view, I can either require the author to categorize or make it optional and hope that they remember. If they don't remember then it doesn't show up in the index, and guess who gets called ;(

Collapse
you seem to have a strange requirement. i would recommend to make a custom version of xowiki/www/portlets/categories.tcl with a different name and add the following two lines after the lappend categories $category_id (around line 46)
  set itemobj [Object new -set name en:index -set title MyTitle -set prefix "" -set suffix ""]
  $cattree(0) add_to_category -category $c -itemobj $itemobj -orderby title
this adds for each category an entry en:index with the specified name and title into the category tree.

hope this helps

Collapse
8: Re: xoWiki index page (response to 1)
Posted by Jon Griffin on
Gustaf,
Maybe a visual will help.
I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.

http://e88.org/newsletter/

shows that the folder object shows up.

Collapse
9: Re: Re: xoWiki index page (response to 8)
that's a different story: you don't want to have the folder object in the weblog. get an update from cvs.
Collapse
10: Re: xoWiki index page (response to 1)
Posted by Jon Griffin on
Thanks,
It was hard to describe.
Collapse
you should install the calendar package such that the /resources/calendar/calendar.css file is found. This makes the mini-calendar much nicer...