Forum OpenACS Q&A: OCT meeting summary (9/august/06)

Agenda:

- Bug-stomp plans: the objective is to make all acs-tcl test to pass; UNED will be posting about the oracle server and their progress; I'll open today a thread for the bug-stomp.

- Test server (oracle?): emma/UNED is on that, will post on the forums. Quest and others has offered test server, please go ahead, configure, maintain, inform us the progress, thanks!

- SVN (status): Nick has sent an email, he's almost done, and in friday during bug-stomp will be finishing it. Thanks Nick! From that we expect a proposed path to do it on production. Probably this will happen in production after the 5.3 releases (october or so).

- Don Baccus is volunteering officially to be the release manager for 5.3 releases.

- New CVS / commit guidelines: some changes has happen, Malte will put together something in the wiki, a make sure it is widely known.

- openacs.org company list: we'll trim dead ones, a draft proposal on what to do with the list has been done, we'll discuss at OCT and public decision soon.

- Conding standards: we have put together them, check: https://openacs.org/xowiki/pages/en/Index (you can contribute openly, but don't mess with them or I'll kill you!), remind me to put a news item or so on this. Also, Frank is contributing their stuff soon.

- Testing standards: I'll try to put something together soon!!!

- oacs 5.3 planning (follow-up): will discuss after the bug-stomp, as said before.

- TIP #100 (implementation?): maltes is doing it during bug-stomp

Delayed for next meeting:

- oacs 6.x initial plan discussion

Covered agenda incredibly in less than 50 minutes!!!!
Present: victor, don, dave, malte, roc, frank

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Gustaf, will be nice to have notifications on editions of categories of xowiki.... 😊
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
yep, is that available at opeancs.org/xowiki ?
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
no, according to apm the version there is 0.27 from 03.05.2006. dave seems currently busy with client's work.....
Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
The "change notifications" do not explicitly shows you the new additions, only the erased text, right?

In other words, it only sends you the whole new next but no explicit way to actually see what has been added.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
yeah, at this point xowiki notifications only include the modified text (no diffs).
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
BTW, I wrote a diff proc for OpenACS a while back, but never quite cleaned it up for inclusion in OpenACS. If noone else has already finished this feature, I'll try to find a spare moment to clean it up and add it to acs-tcl.

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=342804

Wiki RSS feeds are much more useful as a diff than as full text or changelog descriptions.