Forum OpenACS Q&A: OCT meeting summary (9/august/06)
- Bug-stomp plans: the objective is to make all acs-tcl test to pass; UNED will be posting about the oracle server and their progress; I'll open today a thread for the bug-stomp.
- Test server (oracle?): emma/UNED is on that, will post on the forums. Quest and others has offered test server, please go ahead, configure, maintain, inform us the progress, thanks!
- SVN (status): Nick has sent an email, he's almost done, and in friday during bug-stomp will be finishing it. Thanks Nick! From that we expect a proposed path to do it on production. Probably this will happen in production after the 5.3 releases (october or so).
- Don Baccus is volunteering officially to be the release manager for 5.3 releases.
- New CVS / commit guidelines: some changes has happen, Malte will put together something in the wiki, a make sure it is widely known.
- openacs.org company list: we'll trim dead ones, a draft proposal on what to do with the list has been done, we'll discuss at OCT and public decision soon.
- Conding standards: we have put together them, check: http://openacs.org/xowiki/pages/en/Index (you can contribute openly, but don't mess with them or I'll kill you!), remind me to put a news item or so on this. Also, Frank is contributing their stuff soon.
- Testing standards: I'll try to put something together soon!!!
- oacs 5.3 planning (follow-up): will discuss after the bug-stomp, as said before.
- TIP #100 (implementation?): maltes is doing it during bug-stomp
Delayed for next meeting:
- oacs 6.x initial plan discussion
Covered agenda incredibly in less than 50 minutes!!!!
Present: victor, don, dave, malte, roc, frank
In other words, it only sends you the whole new next but no explicit way to actually see what has been added.
Wiki RSS feeds are much more useful as a diff than as full text or changelog descriptions.