Forum .LRN Q&A: Cannot access community after upgrade

Hi all,
just upgraded from 2.1.x to 2.2.0. The installation process was no problem but after restart I cannot access a community. The startpage is always shown.

Any idea?

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
To be more precise the tab of the community is shown but the portlets of my space and not of the community.
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
This problem has existed before and we talked about it somewhere on the forums. It has something to do with the dotlrn site templates and some parameters being reset.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Nima,

Check that the DefaultMaster parameter of Main Site is set to "/packages/dotlrn/www/dotlrn-master-custom".

Are you upgrading to 2.2.0 final from 2.1.3? This bug is known for alpha version of 2.2.0 but IIRC it was solved in 2.2.0 beta3 and final.

Collapse
Posted by Christopher Jervis on
Hi,
I have the same problem. I check that the DefaultMaster parameter of Main Site is set to "/packages/dotlrn/www/dotlrn-master-custom", but don't work.

I upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.2.0 final. I read about the bug in the Bugtracker, but I don't know how fix the problem...

Collapse
Nima, Christopher,

For 2.2.0 release, the upgrade process has been tested from default installation of dotLRN 2.1.3 (bulk-mail, calendar, faq, forums, file-storage, homework, news, survey and evaluation).

There must be something different in your 2.1.3 installation that we didn't take into account for 2.2.0 upgrade (theme-selva?, kelp theme?). Can you both post the list of packages you had installed on 2.1.3 and your configuration? Or if you finally found what cause the problem, please post the details.

Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Christopher Jervis on
Hi,
I have installed the kelp theme. May be it's the problem.
I am going to uninstall the kelp theme and to prove again.

I have a question: What is the correct process for upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.2.0??

I copy/replace all 2.1.3 files for the 2.2.0 files. In the next step I initiate the server, I go to the 'Site-Wide Administration-> Install Software' and select 'Upgrade from Local'. When it finishes, I restart the server.

Is correct it??

Thaks.

Collapse
Christopher,

The recommended process to upgrade is the following:

1. Stop your server and then upgrade files on your system with 2.2.0 release ones.
2. Start your server, go to site wide admin, Install software, Upgrade from local. Choose only core packages:

acs-admin
acs-api-browser
acs-authentication
acs-automated-testing
acs-bootstrap-installer
acs-content-repository
acs-core-docs
acs-kernel
acs-lang
acs-mail
acs-messaging
acs-reference
acs-service-contract
acs-subsite
acs-tcl
acs-templating
ref-timezones
search

3. When your server restart, go to install software from local again and then choose the remaining packages.

Once you upgraded, you can add the Kelp theme from /dotlrn/admin, "Site templates".

I hope that will help.

Collapse
Posted by Mario Aguado on
Hi all,
we found that bug upgrading from 2.1.x to 2.2 some time ago, and also upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.3.0 just a few days ago.

We don't know how or why, but community_level_p and community_type_level_p got reset to null when upgrading dotlrn package in a long time used instance, not a new one. Note that installing (from scratch) .LRN 2.2.1 and upgrading to 2.3.0 it works well!

As said in another message: notes on upgrading dotLRN to 2.2.0a1 old communities doesn't work but new created communities works fine.

Maybe it's related with bug 2717:Upgrade destroys portals .

We don't know how to fix that bug without using apm_parameter_values_copy table trick.

Thanks.