Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS Webinars

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
For the next 3 Sunday afternoons, I'll be giving OpenACS webinars. These will cover the topics I'm going to be presenting at the full day OpenACS training in Boston on Nov 3rd. They will start at 2:30 PM Eastern and go for 60-90 minutes. Please come if you'd like to learn from the beginning and you'll also be helping me out in preparing. These will start this Sunday (10/15)

Also, next Friday (10/20 at noon Eastern) I'll be covering Site Map Administration. This particular topic is good for both technical and non-technical as it covers a lot of the special parts in OpenACS.

And finally, Friday 10/27 at noon Eastern, I'll be doing a user training on the survey module and also showing some modules ACSPropel has built as simple extensions.

Registration will open soon. I have webinar software for 15 slots (linux clients supported) so that will be the class limit.

Collapse
2: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
very nice Tracy,
just let us know the link to subscribe when it's available.
Collapse
3: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Tracy Adams on
Registration is up at http://acspropel.com/event

<h2>Trainings for Everyone</h2>

• Site Map Administration (Friday, October 20th from noon - 1:30 PM Eastern)
    Good training for everyone (developers and otherwise). Covers the administration interface of the site map, including explanations of package management, paramaters, and permissions.

• Survey Module (Friday, October 27th from noon to 1PM Eastern)

This course covers a demonstration/training for end users on the survey package. It will also highly some other packages that use the survey package as a foundation.
<h2>Developer Training Webinars</h2>
  • The Basics (Sunday, October 15, 2:30 - 4:00)

Training for newbie ACSDevelopers: Covers basic TCL, ADP, and OpenACS APIs
  • Creating Packages and form processing - (Sunday, October 22, from 2:30-4PM Eastern)

Covers how to create a package and form processing (in particular ad_form).
  • Database API and Permission System (Sunday, October 29th from 2:30-4PM Eastern)

Covers working with the database and the permission system.
Collapse
4: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 3)
Posted by Alberto Pesquera Martín on
Hello Tracy,

I'm trying to register at first event, but it tell me "You do not have permission to register for this event".

Thanks in advance

Collapse
5: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 4)
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hi Tracy,
Same here, I just registered and get the same message. Please advise when this has been looked into so I can register.

Cheers

Collapse
6: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 4)
Posted by César Clavería on
Hello Tracy,

I am having the same problem, please let us know what we need to do.

Thank you.

mailto:cesar@viaro.net

Collapse
7: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Tracy Adams on
I had to grant write to the public.

The gates are now open!

Collapse
8: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Manish Hasija on
how do i register tracy
Collapse
9: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Tracy Adams on
You can register at http://acspropel.com/event
Collapse
10: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Did the webniar already started?
I can;t find a way to get there!
Collapse
11: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 10)
i got it!
Collapse
12: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Hey Tracy

Did some one record the first webinar session . Can you send me the link if u have one to it.

mailto:manish.hasija@gmail.com

Collapse
13: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 12)
Also, would it be possible to post the contents of the files created during the demo please. They would make a good introduction to programming in TCL and ADP.

Thanks

Collapse
14: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Marcin Kuczkowski on
Collapse
15: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
what are we using tommorow for openacs -- webex , glance with skype or something else. Just wana know so we can be prepared.

Thanks

Collapse
16: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Posted by Tracy Adams on
We are going to try Festoon.. Matthew and I have been testing that.. but I'm working on a backup in case that doesn't work. (it might be webex, or glance plus festoon)

I'll send everyone an email....

It's quite a tricky problem... to have linux client, VOIP, work well and cost under $100. People recommend Abobe Breeze but to be able to have a 5 person webinar it's $350/month and for 10 people it's $750 month!

It's too bad the sound on Webex was so bad... Mom and I were doing experimenting just with skype it may be that I had the sound on my speaker instead of my headset because when I switch configuration it was much better.

Tracy

Collapse
17: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 16)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
webex works pretty fine for us, but you have to have a good headset. Anyways, for this type of webminars, we can share our corporate account for all of them. 😊
Collapse
18: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 16)
Hey,

If we are going to use Festoon attendees will need an instant messaging account with the Festoon plug-in http://www.festooninc.com/. I know it works with Skype but it says on the site it is cross-IM and supports Google talk also.

Hope that helps...

Collapse
19: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Here is the link to the recording of openacs webinar held on oct 20 by Tracy Adams.

www3.userful.com/openacs.html

Thanks

Collapse
20: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
Collapse
21: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)
I know the audio quality on this file is poor we will try using some other sound codec for next session.
Collapse
22: Re: OpenACS Webinars (response to 1)