Forum .LRN Q&A: E-Learning Conferences in Europe

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
I have been doing some research on the e-learning market in Sweden lately and I have come across two e-learning conferences taking place in Europe this autumn:

I will be attending the NetLearning Conference on behalf of Collaboraid and we will be submitting a paper on dotLRN. I am currently gathering more information on the Prometeus conference to figure out if we should attend that one too. If anybody else is interested please let me know!

Malte - let's stay in touch about the LearnTec conference taking place in Germany in february of 2003.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Peter, glad to see you doing some research in this area. I think the first two conferences are too short term for us in Heidelberg, but the Lerntec should be an interesting venue to bang some drums as a group. By February the platform should look really good... a lot of applets should be finished and we will all have a lot more experience under our belts. I was just chatting with Caroline and she said something that I agree with: first impressions are important. Even though we know dotLRN is  going to be a killer application we should keep this in mind.
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
As I announced earlier, S&R will definitly be going to Learntec, probably together with the jtap.org guys. But I will explore the option for a dotLRN booth as well. I already know that David and Don would like to participate, maybe I can secure some speaker slot as well.
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
I think we should definetely have a small booth at Learntec. Collaboraid is interested in making this happen and Al has expressed interest in this conference as well.