Forum OpenACS Q&A: Search-OpenFTS-tcl-0.2 with postgres 7.2 prob

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me here.

I have sucesfully compiled the nsfts.so for use with aolserver, however when I attempt to load the create_func.sql I get the following:

i /usr/local/src/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-0.2/func_pgsql/create_func.sql ...............
psql:/usr/local/src/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-0.2/func_pgsql/create_func.sql:25: ERROR: Load of file /usr/lib/relkov.so failed: /usr/lib/relkov.so: undefined symbol: PG_DETOAST_DATUM
psql:/usr/local/src/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-0.2/func_pgsql/create_func.sql:29: ERROR: Load of file /usr/lib/relkov.so failed: /usr/lib/relkov.so: undefined symbol: PG_DETOAST_DATUM

the library obviously exists but for some reason PG_DETOAST_DATUM has not been defined does anyone have any ideas?

I am running postgres 7.2, along with mandrake 8.0 (is it because i am running pg7.2?) Thanks in advance Jon
Collapse
Posted by Jon Pike on
Looks like I found the solution to my problem, I had two versions of postgres installed and when I ran the "./configure --with-aolserver-src=/usr/local/src/aolserver/aolserver" from the "next steps" documentation, it picked up the old postgres include dir, so I chnaged the following /usr/local/src/Search-OpenFTS-tcl-0.2/Makefile.global variables:
PGINSTDIR
PGLIBDIR
PGINCDIR

to point to my latest version of postgres 7.2.

the load.sql file the worked fine.

Jon.