Forum OpenACS Q&A: Multiple file upload does not work

Collapse
Posted by Tony Kirkham on
I am attempting to upload multiple files, via the HTML5 multiple attribute, and it is not working. I am using Naviserver/4.99.8 (as reported in the response header).

Via various combinations of ad_page_contract var:multiple, ad_form ... file(file),multiple, and the form/query get calls I find that I do see the multiple file names that were submitted, but the file_entry.tmpfile only contains one file. (I can also see in the post that multiple files are being sent.)

The naviserver documentation states:
ns_conn fileheaders file
Return the ns_set with header information for the uploaded file with the specified name (returned via [ns_conn files]). If the file was uploaded with the HTML5 multiple attribute a list of ns_sets is returned.

However, this also only returns one ns_set reference that contains the information about one of the files.

An ugly solution to this is that via JavaScript I could assign each file a different "indexed" name and then construct these indexed names on the server side, but that is just not the elegant solution that this could be.

How do I get this to work? Am I doing something wrong or is this functionality not yet implemented?

Thanks,

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Dear Tony,

NaviServer supports the HTML5 multiple file upload feature since version 4.99.11 (see [1], released Mai 2016). You are probably reading the documentation of NaviServer 4.99.13.

all the best
-gn

[1] https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=4895074