Forum OpenACS Q&A: Openacs.org daily/weekly batch notifications

I applied patches by Don Baccus which will hopefully fix the daily and weekly notifications (which should now go off at midnight each day, next one is Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:00:00 GMT). If you think you should get daily batches and don't see one by tomorrow please let us know. Somehow friday the 13th seems like an appropriate date to see if it really works.

Also, if you get an infinite stream of the same notification over and over until your spool fills and your computer catches fire, tell us about that as well :)

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I've just signed this up for an hourly notification to this thread as a test.  So we'll see if I get it.

I'll pick some other thread to subscribe to with the daily digest option.

Please, folks, help us out with a little testing!  If these changes work we can roll 4.6 out the door very, very soon.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hmmm...I got it instantaneously ...

Try again ...

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Maybe it was just bad luck ...
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Received a daily notification for the first time in weeks, regrettably it was from the OLD bboard (http://sdm.openacs.org/bboard/q-and-a.tcl?topic_id=11) 😟
I haven't received any batched notifications from the new site yet.

P.S. Might be a good idea to make the old boards read only and link to the new ones (in fact some kind of retirement notice on the index page of the old site would be good).

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hmmm I just got one for this thread but that's an hourly notice.  I'll check the log file for errors ...
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
No errors in the log file so I've added some debugging log messages.  We'll get this figured out eventually.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Sorry for the spam ... I'm starting to debug these damned notifications in earnest (I swear they were working on my home installation)
Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
One datapoint, I did get daily notifications from bug-tracker yesterday.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Another test ...
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
OK yet another test ...
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Hourly notifications seems to be working fine (nice work). I received a daily notification for OpenACS Q&A last night, but some messages seemed to be missing (will have to see what happens tonight). For some reason my mail client does not like having the separators so close to the thread links and interprets them as one (https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=66821)

Having an extra carriage return or a space between the link and the separators should take care of it.