Forum OpenACS Q&A: a happy user of aolserver 3.5.1

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
I finally got nsd 3.5.1 installed.  The only hurdle was I didn't want to have two different tcl installs, so I had to build my own RPM to replace the old.  What a PITA.  Too bad none of the source-based distros have a decent installer yet.

The big motivation for me was 3.3.1+ad13 would reliably crash every 20-80k pages served.  This tended to piss users off since carnage blender is so update-intensive I have to aggressively buffer writes to the database to keep up with demand.  (I thought it was a hardware issue, but after getting a new server I had the same problem.)  3.5.1 has served over 600k pages now w/o a hiccup, so it very much looks like the particular bug(s) causing this got fixed.

Collapse
Posted by Peter Alberer on
Does anyone have experience with aolserver 3.5.1 and german characters (umlauts)? Do i have to wait for an aolserver version where ad13 changes are merged into? Looks like that umlauts are not that well handled yet? (ns_return UMLAUT => garbage)
Collapse
Posted by jerry arns on
Does this version include ad13+oacs1 modifications ? (mainly the international stuff)
Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
no, it doesn't.
Collapse
Posted by Vlad Seryakov on
We started using 3.5.1 a month ago, it works fine but we occasionally
have server crashes with message alloc: invalid block ...
We use custom C module and i blamed it to this module.
I am still watching the server without that module, had just one
crashe since.
We run it under RH 8.