Forum OpenACS Q&A: Oracle 8.1.7.4 Linux Intermedia problems

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on

Intermedia 8.1.7.4 Linux problems:

Janine Sisk mentioned INSO filter Intermedia problems with Oracle 8.1.7.4 (only, not earlier 8.1.7 releases) under Linux.

When I tried using the OpenACS Site-Wide-Search with the Static-Pages package, Intermedia clearly wasn't working right. In sqlplus, doing exec sws_service.rebuild_index; gave me:

/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/ctx/bin/ctxhx: relocation error: /ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/ctx/lib/libsc_ut.so: undefined symbol: stat

Turns out, that problem is easy to reproduce from the command line. Just do:

$ $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/bin/ctxhx mydoc.pdf mydoc.html

Patch 2525701 (readme) for Base Bug 2037255 appears to fix this problem.

I decided to put the patch files from p2037255_8174_LINUX.zip into "$ORACLE_BASE/patches/2525701/" so I wouldn't lose track of them.

When I ran patch.sh per Oracle's instructions. I got some rather disurbing errors:

ls: /ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin/ctxhx: No such file or directory
expr: syntax error
./patch.sh: [: -gt: unary operator expected
./patch.sh: [: -eq: unary operator expected
./patch.sh: [: 38168: unary operator expected
but it basically seemed to work.

After that, the libsc_ut.so: undefined symbol: stat went away. But oddly, running $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/bin/ctxhx from the command line. And Site-Wide-Search now seems to be indexing my PDF files (from the OpenACS Static-Pages package) fine, but doesn't seem to be indexing any of my HTML files at all. TODO: Why? What's going on here? --atp@piskorski.com, 2002/12/16 16:16 EST