Forum OpenACS Q&A: Switching from ACS3.2 to OACS4.6 : i'm a bit disoriented.

Hello,

I'm planning to rebuild my website (www.akoor.com) using OpenACS4.6.

For now, my site is built using ACS3.2

I managed to install OpenACS4.6. It's working.

I can't say that I understood everything about subsites and the difference between "mounting" and "creating an application" but I will dig into that later.

For now I have a few questions:

1- where do the users_demographics and users_contact stuff go now ? Should I create object attributes ? Is there a table somewhere ?

2- where is the preference "dont_spam_me_p" for users ? (used to be in users_preferences)

3- I couldn't feed the adserver module with AdLink tags because it's a tags with "<script>" in it and I have an warning message saying that it is not allowed. I use 3 Ads provider and they all use tags with scripts.

4- There used to be a Poll module, with an small graphical display of results. Has it be ported ? (if not I will eventually)

THank you for help. This will help me start the process of coming to the OpenACS community for real !

1 - I'd love to know the answer to that question as well. Especially where to store addresses and stuff like that. Somebody posted the same question a few weeks ago but unfortunately no one answered.

2 - its in user_preferences now

3 - If you allow <script> tags in user inputted html code then you're open to all sorts of cross site scripting tags. There is a parameter setting that allows you to list the allowed tags for user input: sitemap -> acs-kernel -> All. This changes the allowed input for the whole installation. It might make sense though to only change this for the adserver module, in this case you have to find ad_page_contract of the page that checks that input and change the filter from :html to :allhtml.

Maybe that would make sense as standard behaviour, e.g. admins may post any html in adserver, others just restricted. Feel free to post bug in bugtracker.

1- it was me 😟
  But as fisrt_names, last_name and email are attributes, I guess snail mail address should be too. As I dont use snail mail often, I guess I'll be using attributes.

2- doh ! (thanx)

3- allhtml will be just fine. Thank you.

4- ?

Thank you. That was helpful.