Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: LONG: Somebody pls help me - Loading package info files...this will take a few minutes

thanks people, i was able to get past this stage with some "patience" even though a day or two before i had waited for an hour and a half and it was still sitting there. I guess it must be this slow PII laptop im using but now im getting another problem when i get to this stage:

OpenACS Installation: Installing OpenACS Core Services

------------------------------------------------------------

Installing data model for ACS Content Repository 4.6...
Loading SQLJ code /home/marwan/web1/server1/packages/acs-content-repository/java/Regexp-oracle.sqlj...

here it just hangs and doesn.t seem to progress. I can see it runnin 'jre' in my processes from the command line

/home/oracle/oracle817/JRE/bin/linux/native_threads/jre -classp

but when i try to run this command manually i get:
error while loading shared libraries: libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

this thing is driving me crazy, i left it running overnight and this morning jre was still running using full cpu utilization but nada with the progress. I am not root nor do i have access to root unless i ask the head IT guy to grant me certain privileges.

anybody have any ideas what i might be missing here. And thanks again for all the help.

cheers
TooL