Forum OpenACS Q&A: Bug Tracker notification granularity?

How do I get Notifications on one Bug Tracker bug, or on all bugs for a single But Tracker "Component" (one OpenACS package)? Does this functionality exist yet for a newer version of Bug Tracker than what we have on OpenACS.org? Right now, it seems I can get a single notification of everything in Bug Tracker, but I can't control the granularlity any finer than that.
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Andrew,

The only granularity in existence right now is

1) entire bug-tracker project (package instance)

2) single bug.

I agree with you that that's not very helpful, and that notifications on a per-component level would be nice. And I'm glad you mentioned it, because we hadn't planned any such feature yet.

We'll look into that, but it'll be about another month.

ShareNet's notifications (alert) feature lets you specify both categories and keywords for which your alert is valid. I'm hoping to implement something like that for OpenACS, once we write a "categories" package, and change bug-tracker to use a general "categories" feature for component, bug type, priority, severity, and versions.

Anyway, more thoughts on that later. :)

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Ah, well at least single bug works.  For some reason it didn't seem to
work for me before, but now it looks like it does.  Maybe it was just
me.

On your ideas for future enhancements, sounds good.  :)

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Also, how do I assign myself to a Bug Tracker bug? I can't seem to assign myself to this bug.
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Andrew,

You need 'write' permission on the project to reassign bugs.

I just assigned that bug to you, but I don't know what the situation really should be like.

/Lars