The package should sit well on top of an OpenACS 4.6 install.
The package features a basic news aggregator that reads a set of news sources on an hourly basis, finds the new items, and displays them in reverse-chronological order on a single page. Yup, pretty standard :)
- actual rss validation: currently no validation is done, adding an invalid RSS feed is simply cancelled or perhaps an error on a bad day.
- integration with notifications
- keywords: specify a list of keywords of interest and have the aggregator display items holding these words at the top of the page and/or email them to you
- RSS autodiscovery
- xml-rpc post function: right now the POST functions (appears once you've specified a lars-blogger instance URL under the news-aggregator parameters) simply posts to entry-edit?content=@content@. An XML-RPC interface should be built, so that users can post to any blog (additionally lars-blogger should have an XML-RPC interface, but that's a whole nother story :).
- an admin interface And that's pretty much it for now. Feel free to check out the package as you please and post some feedback if you have any.
Right now the file lives at my page, but should perhaps be moved to the CVS repository at some point? /Simon