OK. Here is my experience. First, let me start by thanking everyone who put this whole thing together, because the installation went much better than I had hoped. It has clearly come a long way from when I tried the installation at around version 3.2.
The installation documentation is excellent. I started with a blank system, compiled and installed postgres, aolserver, and openacs without any problems thanks to the great examples.
The only problem that I am still having is the daemontools. I followed the instructions carefully, and the daemontools are running, but I cannot get them to run the website for me. As of this moment, the only way that I can actually run the site is to copy the text out of the run file located at /home/username/web/sitename and then paste it into a command window and run it from the commmand prompt.
Even with this minor issue that I hopefully will get resolved soon, I just can't say enough good about the excellence of the installation experience and the great product that you have put out.