Forum OpenACS Q&A: No portraits on openacs.org?

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
I noticed that although I have a portrait uploaded on openacs.org, and I can view it, a link to see it does not show up on my public community-member page. Is this by intention, or an oversight?
Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
In your case?  Gotta be intentional.

:)

Collapse
Phhhhbt!

I was sorely tempted to reply with some ASCII art of Bill the Cat slapped inside some <pre> tags, but I managed to restrain myself. ;)

Collapse
Screen names don't show up on openacs.org either. They should, as the nifty IRC logger assumes the screen name to be your IRC handle.
Collapse
Heh, Tammy's portrait shows up on her public community-member page, but mine doesn't, even though I uploaded one ages ago. How do I make my portrait show up?
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Because people would rather look at Tammy than you?  It's the AI photo evaluator we've built into the content repository that decides whether or not to supress the link to your photo :)
Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on
I'd hate to say it, but there's no problem with mine :)
Collapse
Posted by Jamie Rasmussen on
Is the portrait you uploaded wider than 300px?  I think there is a bug in community-member.adp and that is triggering it.

It looks like the code conditionally shows the photo inline if its width is < 300 and should show a link to the portrait otherwise.  However the if tag is missing an '@' :

<if @inline_portrait_state eq "link">

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
I like Andrews idea of ascii art - maybe the system can auto-render your photo into ascii :)

I must have a thing about ascii art - all the headings on my website (http://mark.aufflick.com/) are server-generated shadowed ascii art...

Collapse
Posted by Luigi Martini on
The 300 px threshold is the trick, indeed: I re-dimensioned my photo just under that size, and it does show now.