Peter, this is great!
Our company uses the old ACS 3.4 Intranet application, and one of the aspects we use the most is time reporting for billing and internal tracking purposes.
Here's the feedback I've received on that system:
- It's helpful to have a good UI for entering work done over more than one day at a time.
- whenever people do work on the Intranet, (for example on our ticket-tracker), they want to be able to enter the time at the same time. So if they close a ticket, they want to enter the work they did and the amount of time it took right at that moment, instead of doing it separately.
- we do go over large amounts of data at once. The managers like to look at aggregates of what's been done on what project, and who's been doing what. We also do huge reports of everybody's logged hours on particular projects, and use them for billing purposes. I'm not sure if this will work okay with the CR or not.
- keep in mind some of this data may be mapped to calendars as well. Not sure if this makes any difference, and you've probably already thought of this.
- It's nice to relate comments with the work done. Also sometimes more than one person at a time is working on the same project, so should they log it separately? Probably so..
Just some random thoughts and feedback. Hope that helps.