Home
The Toolkit for Online Communities
17228 Community Members, 1 member online, 1877 visitors today
OpenACS Home : Forums : OpenACS Development : RFC: new file type convention for acs-automated-testing

Forum OpenACS Development: RFC: new file type convention for acs-automated-testing

Icon of envelope Request notifications

I would like to introduce the following new file structure for acs-automated-testing tests:

package_key/tcl/test/package_key-test-procs.tcl
package_key/tcl/test/package_key-test-init.tcl

(the test word in the filenames is optional)

, where the -procs.tcl file(s) *only* contain ad_proc statements (these are support procs for the actual test code in the -init.tcl files), are of type test_procs and can be watched with the APM.

The -init.tcl file(s) are of type test_init, contain aa_register_case statements and friends, are sourced on server startup, cannot be watched through the APM, but can be re-sourced through the acs-automated-testing UI to avoid having to restart the server when test case code has changed and you want to re-run the tests.

How does this sound? Affected packages are acs-automated-testing, acs-lang, acs-tcl, logger, workflow, acs-datetime, and news.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
We use package-key not package_key everywhere else for special files, can we change automated tester to use this convention as well since you're already changing things?
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Don,
yes of course we'll follow that convention, I should have typed package-key rather than package_key in my posting. Sorry about the confusion.
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
For the record - I've committed the suggested change.