Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: aolserver 3.3+ad13 on MacOS X: startup failure

Collapse
Posted by Gabriel Ricard on
Jeeze, I just went through this a month or two ago and I'm trying to remember how I fixed that problem. Are you using the postgres driver that came with the all-in-one aolserver tarball? Or are you using the one from sourceforge?

I'm using the sourceforge postgres driver and it works fine on my powerbook. I believe I'm using postgresql 7.2.4 that I compiled myself though. Try using this driver:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/aolserver/nspostgres-3.5.tar.gz?download

Collapse
Posted by Tom Lazar on
gabriel, this is getting weirder and weirder...

first i tried the sf version of the driver you mentioned, but nspostgres.so gave me the same trouble (i did change the reference in my nsd.tcl to nspostgres.so, and the log tells me that that's what it's loading, erm, *attempting* to load...)

then, out of a whim, i tried to compile the 7.2.4 sources of postgresql (for the fifth time) and what do you know? *all of a sudden* they compile! i have no idead what's happening here. perhaps my update to 10.2.5?

anyway, i still get the same error when  starting up openacs, so i switched back to postgres.so (the one included in marks tarball) but still nothing but

[12/Apr/2003:11:34:13][509.-1610609172][-main-] Notice: modload: loading '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/postgres.so'
[12/Apr/2003:11:34:13][509.-1610609172][-main-] Fatal: modload: no such symbol '_ERR_get_error'

perhaps some header files are not right? my head? i'm close to giving up...