Forum OpenACS Development: xowiki 0.50

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Dear Community

This is a summary of the changes in XoWiki since the release of 0.47 (see http://www.openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=603447) one month ago.

• Security management:
    • Policy management moved to xotcl-core (policy-procs.tcl) to make it available of other packages as well
    • Policy manager has a new predefined 'creator' that defines that either an admin or the creator may execute a certain operation (e.g. edit an item).
    • Privilege types are extensible.

• Improved Form Management for Page Instances:
    • All fields of a page instance can be set hidden now
    • More robust towards adding page template variables when page instances exist.

• Flash Support:

• Syndication Management:
    • Showing syndication status in www/admin/list
    • More robust when quotes are used in XML attributes
    • support for providing CSS styles for RSS (parameter css for rss class)

• Import/Export:
    • File import/export: one can export and import contents of XoWiki instances containing files (e.g. images, pdf-files, podcasts). File contents are coded with base64 and these are included in the exported file contents.

• ADP and Template Management:
    • Two additional predefined template files: oacs-view2 (categories on left, box with tags on right), oacs-view3 (categories and tags left)
    • tcl/adp-generator: the various alternative template files for XoWiki are generated now by a adp-generator (view-plain, view-links, view-default, oacs-view, oacs-view2, oacs-view3)
    • Weblog: every weblog entry displays now the associated, categories, tags, general comments, and social software buttons (e.g. for del.icio.us, digg, my-yahoo) when configured. Before, only the full weblog page had this information, one had to open a weblog item as separate page to get/set this info.

• Social Networking Support:

XoWiki 0.50 is available from CVS head.

Best regards
-gustaf neumann

Collapse
2: Re: Res: xowiki 0.50 (response to 1)
Posted by Jose Agustin Lopez Bueno on
Hi, Gustaf!

I got the next error with xowiki 0.50 when one user
click in one url in Last Visited or Most popular list.
Can you get me a pointer?

Reagards,
Agustin

can't read "page_name(1)": no such variable
::xotcl::__#O ::xotcl::Object->set
invoked from within
"my set page_name($p)"
(procedure "page_name" line 2)
::xotcl::__#O ::xowiki::portlet::toc->page_name
invoked from within
"$i page_name [expr {$p + 1}]"
invoked from within
"if {$i ne "" && ![$page exists __is_book_page]} {
set p [$i position]
set count [$i count]
if {$count == 0} {set count 1}
set book_relpos [for..."
("uplevel" body line 7)
invoked from within
"uplevel {
set title [[$package_id folder_id] title]
#ns_log notice "--including_page= $__including_page, portlet=$portlet"
set toc [$page include_port..."
(procedure "code::tcl::/var/lib/aolserver/oacs_5_2_06_07/packages/xowiki..." line 2)
invoked from within
"code::tcl::$__adp_stub"
invoked from within
"if { [file exists $__adp_stub.tcl] } {

# ensure that data source preparation procedure exists and is up-to-date
adp_init tcl $__adp_stub
..."
("uplevel" body line 3)
invoked from within
"uplevel {

if { [file exists $__adp_stub.tcl] } {

# ensure that data source preparation procedure exists and is up-to-date
adp_init t..."
(procedure "adp_prepare" line 2)
invoked from within
"adp_prepare "
(procedure "template::adp_parse" line 30)
invoked from within
"template::adp_parse [template::util::url_to_file $src] $varlist"
(procedure "template::adp_include" line 8)
invoked from within
"template::adp_include $adp $__vars"
(procedure "return_page" line 29)
::19070134 ::xowiki::Package->return_page
invoked from within
"$package_id return_page -adp $template_file -variables {
name title item_id context header_stuff return_url
content footer package..."
(procedure "view" line 108)
::19355058 ::xowiki::Page->view
invoked from within
"$object $method"
(procedure "call" line 7)
::19070134 ::xowiki::Package->call
invoked from within
"my call $page $method"
(procedure "invoke" line 8)
::19070134 ::xowiki::Package->invoke
invoked from within
"::$package_id invoke -method $m"
invoked from within
"::$package_id reply_to_user [::$package_id invoke -method $m]"
(file "/var/lib/aolserver/oacs_5_2_06_07/packages/xowiki/www/index.vuh" line 21)
invoked from within
"source [ad_conn file]"
(procedure "rp_handle_tcl_request" line 3)
invoked from within
"$handler"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $code"
invoked from within
"ad_try {
$handler
} ad_script_abort val {
# do nothing
}"
invoked from within
"rp_serve_concrete_file [ad_conn file]"
(procedure "rp_serve_abstract_file" line 60)
invoked from within
"rp_serve_abstract_file -noredirect -nodirectory -extension_pattern ".vuh" "$root$prefix""
("uplevel" body line 3)
invoked from within
"uplevel $code"
invoked from within
"ad_try {
ad_conn -set path_info [string range $path [expr [string length $prefix] - 1] end]
rp_serve_abstract_file -noredirect -n..."

Collapse
3: Re: Res: xowiki 0.50 (response to 2)
On which page does this happen?

if this happens on an old index page, i would delete it (it will recreate itself from the prototype page).

openacs.org runs 0.50, the includelets work fine there.
See: https://openacs.org/xowiki/demo-includelets

Collapse
Hi again!

The problem arise when the
template_file is set to "view-book"
and when it is trying to set the back - next
arrows.
Deleting index do not repair the problem.

???

Agustín

Collapse
This means, there is no relation with "Last Visited" or "Most popular". Is there an earlier error message in the log from the same query? View-book works for me in several instances and on openacs.org (see e.g. http://www.openacs.org/test-doc/).

i have added two log statements to view-book.tcl in CVS head. Please update and see, what the lines starting with "--last includelet" and "--toc" say.

Collapse
Hi Gustaf!

Here is the two log lines:

Notice: --last includelet = ::xotcl::__#E, class=::xowiki::portlet::toc 0, ::19070134 ::xowiki::Package->return_page (249ms, 19ms)
Notice: --toc count=0 size=0 indices=, ::19070134 ::xowiki::Package->return_page (249ms, 0ms)

Regards,
Agustin

Collapse
Ah, you have a book without pages (count=0). Is this intentional? Anyhow, the updated version does not barf in such cases.

The problem does not look version specific for 0.50 to me. I can't see, how this worked before.

Collapse
8: Re: xowiki 0.50 (response to 1)
Posted by Eduardo Santos on
Hi Gustaf,

I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but I wanted to ask you about your planes to the future in Xowiki. I'm using it a lot, and I see it as the best Wiki tool available in the Internet. However, there are some things it's not doing right now, and I would like to know what you think about it.

1 - Export pages: I know you can import and export pages very easily right now (as soon as you make sure the encoding is ok) but you don't have the possibility to export the pages in a printable format, like a pdf or a txt file. Let's presume you are making a collaborative book using Xowiki; maybe it would be easier if you could just export it and send to somebody. What do you think about it?

2 - Personal Wikis: I was thinking about a space where the user can put his/her own Wiki (without the need to mount it manually on site map) and put all the knowledge inside an internet page. You could also have a group of students (in .LRN) doing some research together; there should be some place for them to put their thoughts in a collaborative way. Do you intend to do something like it?

I have more thoughts, but these are the most important. I would like to use this opportunity and thank you for the good work. I don't think there's a tool so integrated in the Web 2.0 concept as the Xowiki.

Collapse
9: Re: xowiki 0.50 (response to 8)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Though not being Gustaf, I can recommend for the second question to look into dotfolio for the students / users. dotFolio allows you to have a subsite per user and there they can have their own wiki installation along with their file storage and other things. This does not mean you have to mount it manually (it is done automatically) but it still shows up on the sitemap 😊.
Collapse
10: Re: xowiki 0.50 (response to 1)
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hi Gustaf,

Does the menu attribute work with the flash player?

I'm trying to use it but it won't appear when I add -menu true.

Cheers

Collapse
11: Re: xowiki 0.50 (response to 10)
Hmm, does not work for me either. Maybe there are some special dependencies to make the make the menu parameter work, or this is broken.... as far i can tell, xowiki does the right thing by adding so.addParam('menu', 'true');
Collapse
13: Re: xowiki 0.50 (response to 10)
just asked our local flash guru: the menu attribute is just for activating/deactivating the context menu (right click on swf content). Try it, and you will see, it works actually with SWFobject and therefore with xowiki.
Collapse
12: Re: xowiki 0.50 (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hi Gustaf, great for this improvements.
My only question, is there any tag we can get this release from?
In past releases was pretty difficult to get the proper one unless you search the forums and guess the dates to grab the code from.

packagename-x-y-z-final

The same for xotcl-core.
Thanks!