Forum OpenACS Q&A: About Double byte Character Display

Collapse
Posted by Char Wang on
I am now working at OpenACS 4.5, and I am trying to switch the site contents into traditional-chinese(big-5 or Unicode).
  I meet a porblem at displaying double byte character.I am now editing the index.adp, adding quite a few chinese word. I edit the adp files on my windowXP computer by Dreamweaver(I fixed the ".adp" to ".asp" so that Dreamweaver could recongnize it), I change the file encoding into big5, save it, fixed it back to ".adp" and send it back to server.
  The OpenACS system default display character-set is ISO-8859-2, so it can't display big-5 correctly(the default display character is also a problem to me, but not the biggest).I ask my brouser to switch the display character-set to big-5, yet it doesn't goes the way it should be.
  The "words"(I mean double byte chinese word)couldn't be recongnize correctly, some words are correct, while others become a mass.This problem only happens in the adp files. Other static files(such as html)would not encounter this problem.
  I tryed to change the index.adp to unicode, it makes the problem become more difficult, all of the chinese words become "???????" :(
  Can any one give me some hints that what shoud I do to solve this problem? I think there must be a configuration should be made, yet I don't have a clue whre to start.If some one can help me, I will be very thankful.