Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Another 4.6.2 Bug

Collapse
19: Re: Another 4.6.2 Bug (response to 1)
Posted by Randy Ferrer on

Hi Peter - I agree. It doesn't seem like a very difficult decision to make and implement, other than perhaps there are some legacy sites out there that are utilizing for example, Ticket Tracker, and for whatever reason have not moved to Bug Tracker. This is a minor issue IMHO. Besides, removing these "deprecated" packages from the core distribution does not mean that they have to be gone forever. It's easy enough to create an archive for deprecated packages. Anyone who is interested can download and play with the caveat the those packages are "unsupported".

I know that one goal for oacs is to move all application packages outside the core distribution to a central repository making the core distribution smaller. I think this is a good first step in that direction and it would streamline efforts moving forward. I've also begun the task of cleaning deprecated procs out of the distribution and for a start submitted patches for acs-subsite/www/register. I have some coming up for Lars-blogger. I hope to complete this for the kernel/acs-subsite by end of this month with the rest of the packages to follow. Not having to worry about packages that aren't going to be around soon would of course streamline that effort as well...