Forum OpenACS Development: Regarding the PostGre Sql packages.

hi

i have downloaded the latest Openacs 4.6.2 packages, in that some packages like addressbook are not supporting for Postgresql, how i could i make them to support my postgresql as my backend is postgresql, can any body help out for this,
thanks,

vamshi

Collapse
Posted by Randy Ferrer on
Hi Vamshi - address-book in the 4.6.2 Oacs release is supported on Postgresql - check the sql directory under packages/address-book. There are a small amount of packages that are not supported on PG yet. In these cases the solution is to port the packages from Oracle to PG. Search the forums since the package that you are interested in may already be in process of being ported by someone. You should find though, that the packages that have been ported support a wide breadth of functionality. Be sure to explore all that has been ported. I think you'll find that OACS offers quite a bit already for you to build your project with on PG. I would recommend that you read the documentation thoroughly as well. Enjoy!!
Collapse
Posted by Vamshi Krishna Kaniganti on
HI Randy
i have tried to install the address book packages on OpenAcs but it is giving problem stating that

# Package "Address Book" (address-book) doesn't support postgresql.

this was the error i am getting.

i am checking for the changes to be done in the package in order to get the support for Postgresql, if you know what are the changes please let me know
thanks for the reply
vamshi

Collapse
Posted by Randy Ferrer on

Vamshi - I have been testing 4.6.2 against PG 7.2.4 & 7.3.2. There are some incompatibilities that still remain for 4.6.2/7.3.2. Version 4.6.2/7.2.4 is considered the stable set-up at the moment. See this thread for a bit more information. I just looked at address-book on both set-ups and it turns out that it is broken under either set-up but the apm did install address-book. I don't know where you got your distribution, but unless something changed since I downloaded mine, then you should be able to install address-book, but it's just not working. I don't know who is maintaining this package, but whoever it is can perhaps clarify.

I forgot to mention last time, it is best to post these general type of questions under Openacs Q&A forum. 😊)

Collapse
Posted by Vamshi Krishna Kaniganti on
hi Randy
Thanks for the reply
i could able to install the package, but the address book is not working when i clicked on Add contact. I think you are also getting the same problem.

Thank you
bye
vamshi