We are happy to announce from Telefónica I+D that we have made an update of the chat package created by Gustaf Neumann, in the AJAX version, improving it with some functionalities.
We are going to upload to the cvs in the HEAD BRANCH, because the UI has changed and maybe someone wants to use the last version.
The current chat has new functionalities like:
• Administrators and teachers can create rooms within a community, class, department, or directly in the main site.
• Much information in the process of creation a new chat room, like end date of the room, maximal number of users, alias, etc.
• System informs new chat room created via email to the users.
• System creates RSS briefs of the conversations in the rooms.
• System recognizes messages with URLs.
• Users can register in a chat room.
• Users can consult chat rooms (open/close and private/public).
• Users can syndicate and consult into RSS briefs.
• Users can receive briefs of the conversations by mail.
• Users can search a room.
• Users can search a transcription.
• Users can send files.
• Users can create private rooms.
• Portlet and index including much information.
Whoever wants to check it can do with the next instance:
The test option is OpenACS/.LRN PostgreSQL stable (5.3).
You can use the chat like an administrator, and also check the functionalities creating new users as students or teachers.
The code of the chat, if someone wants to download and install it, is in the next url: