Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Is there any tutorial for xowiki?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
there is as well the possibility to get the code via cvs (see https://openacs.org/xowiki/Get_the_Code). how did you install xowiki on your machine?

yes, "install|upgrade from Repository" is what i suggested. The server on openacs.org builds nightly packages, called .apm files.

Collapse
Posted by David Ghost on
Thanks Gustaf,

Finally it seems to work as described.
I'm afraid that this very impressive package requires too much trial&errors and eventually my brain & coffee.
Whole my attention now caught by xowiki.
Also I'm afraid I am too late to find out xowiki deserves of developer's time.
I hope to be allowed to allocate most of my time for xowiki....Good luck Gustaf and Warm Regards thanks again

Collapse
many things are possible with xowiki based on configuration, some of the configurations are for the end-user, some of these are rather for programmers. Your requirements (use a certain folder/filestore) were quite special, some the programmer oriented configuration was necessary (editing folder object, which is the last resort). And unfortunately, there was a bug fixed only in the head version. So i hope this is not the normal user experience.

Hopefully, future versions of xowiki will be more easy to configure.

-gustaf

Collapse
Posted by David Ghost on
Gustaf, issue is back again...
Some dotlrn related form which contains text(or richtext whatever..) doesn't show up at all when I set ACS Templating parameter to rte.
- for specific example, I encountered this trouble during trying to compose Welcome message for new-comer to certain dotlrn community.
To work out this trouble, I set that parameter to xinha.
But with "xinha", this time the trouble is that I can't translate some of "en messages" into "ko messages"
I bet you can understand what I mean if you try with the above real "Welcome message" case.

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask for answer.
cause it seems to be related with dotlrn-ware.

Collapse
Let me recap: you say

- this question has nothing to do with xowiki.
- editing the dotlrn form does not show at all with rte
- editing the form with xinha has trouble with Korean messages.

I assume, you are editing always with the client language settings of Korean. Correct?

Maybe the following can help you: xinha has its own javascript based message catalogs (currently for 33 languages, see packages/acs-templating/www/resources/xinha-nightly/lang/, there are additional catalogs for the plugins). I would recommend to add a Korean catalog named ko.js.

Collapse
Posted by David Ghost on
Sorry for my late reply.
Most of my explaination fails to be clear...
-Not all dotlrn text form elements have trouble.
-With community Welcome message case, I'd like to emphasize on editing trouble on xinha for internationalization not only for Korean. Sorry I can't explain further detail about this you'd better neglect this.
By the way
Is it possible to install xowiki on oacs 5.2.4?
If so, let me know the detail procedure including related module which should be upgraded.
I posted it on separated thread but got no reply.