Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 5.0 upgrade process requires Tcl Calls

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
Joel, I looked at where acs_privilege_descendant_map gets turned into a table (instead of a view), its in upgrade-4.6-4.6.1.sql so I think you somehow missed that update which might explain why this is not working...
Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
New starting assumption: my database thinks it holds acs-kernel 4.6.1 but it is actually 4.6.
  1. Restore a recent backup of the live database as a new development database. (All of this is within PG 7.2.)
  2. Install the 4.6.3 tarball in /var/lib/aolserver/openacs-4.6.3
  3. Run /packages/acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/upgrade/upgrade-4.6-4.6.1.sql via psql
  4. Start the server, using the 4.6.3 tarball file tree and database-in-progress
  5. (Site home page loads okay!) Go to the APM and click Install
  6. Select only the kernel for Upgrade. Select both sql/postgresql/upgrade/upgrade-4.6.1-4.6.2.sql sql/postgresql/upgrade/upgrade-4.6.2-4.6.3.sql
  7. both scripts are run without errors. restart server.
  8. Site loads. At this point I have the choice of upgrading my other packages, upgrading the database to 7.3, or upgrading the kernel to 5.0. I back up the database.
  9. I decided to upgrade to PG 7.3 first, but the upgrade script failed with a bunch of errors like:
    ==================================================================
    looking for function party_approved_member__remove_o in oacs
    grep result:
    WARNING: unable to find the real function name of party_approved_member__remove_o
    so I moved on to upgrading the other packages instead. Several packages upgraded cleanly but Edit This page failed with:
    psql:upgrade-1.1d-1.2.sql:195: ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index acs_object_types_pk