Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN 2.1 a2 tagged

Collapse
4: Re: .LRN 2.1 a2 tagged (response to 3)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Tracy, maybe my lack of knowledge of the English language came into play. I never meant "contractually guaranteed" or "guaranteed by any party". Guaranteed was just meant in a: "The release manager is working for one organization that will be following the upgrade path", so it is safe to assume that the upgrade will work and the release manager has an interest in the upgrade to work before cutting that release. Which is in direct contrast to the upgrade path from 2.0.3 to 2.1.

I've been upgrading and testing .LRN for the last 9 months, going from 2.0.3 to 2.1alpha1 and alpha2, with a couple of steps in between and it works (after I learned how to make my way around some problems and fixed some bugs). So I'm not the target group for the upgrade "guarantee". The target group are organizations that want to make use of .LRN but are afraid to go with 2.1alpha2 because they assume that an upgrade will not be possible. But going with 2.0.3 is not a good idea if you want to make real use of .LRN and it's many cool features (not to mention that my feeling is that 2.1alpha2 has fewer bugs than the released 2.0.3, but this is my feeling :)).