Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: Oracle 10g/Fedora Core 3

Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Here at uc3m we recently compiled nsoracle 2.7 against Oracle 10g and succeeded, we just replaced the line:

MODLIBS = -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -lclntsh -lcore9 -lcommon9 -lgeneric9 -lclient9

with

MODLIBS = -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -lclntsh -lcore10 -lcommon10 -lgeneric10 -lclient10

and that was it. (If you are not using the source code to compile aolserver, you must need to change the NSHOME var too, and assign the right path to it)

I hope this helps.

-jopez

Collapse
Posted by Martin Elsman on
I have troubles linking in oracle dynamic libraries when trying to build and install the nsoracle 2.7 driver. Even after having installed oracle-xe and oracle-xe-client (10.2.0.1) using apt-get, I have troubles locating the libraries

-lcore10 -lcommon10 -lgeneric10 -lclient10

or other variants during linking. Have anyone experienced the same problem?

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Martin, on Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper, I compiled the nsoracle CVS head, which built fine out of the box. It seems to work with OpenACS, but I have not yet used it heavily. I don't think I ever tried the changes above to get the older nsoracle 2.7 release to build against 10g.

I don't now what "oracle-xe" is exactly, is that some 3rd party Debian or Ubuntu package for Oracle Express Edition? Do you know for a fact that it is supposed to provide the same libraries that you get with the normal Oracle 10g server?

Collapse
Posted by jerry arns on
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem.
I found out that libs are missing from Oracle XE.

Did you find a workaround (other than installing regular Oracle 1O.2, compile and de-install?).

Would you share your binary driver for 10.2?