Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Input sought from distance educators

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Michael et al,

Following the discussion about complex survey and the exam package, as Malte said, it would be cool if we could have the functionality to create different types of assessments within the complex survey module. The Blackboard dudes, for example, have provide the ability to create them both as part of their Assessment Manager tool.

Another think I would like to have, and might not be necessarily part of this package, is a grading package. There has been a discussion about this on the forums, but I don't think we arrived into any conclusions.

Papers, quizes, exams, etc should be able to be examined by a professor, TA, etc and be grading accordingly. Also, I think the grading of different items within a particular class should be able to add up to a final class score. However, I don't have much knowledge on how it is implemented in other platform, do you Michael?

In addition, and this might be a bit of a "really cool thing to have", a whiteboard. I have seen that there is an open source whiteboard available. Maybe, it could be a good idea to take a look at it.

Thank you,

Ernie