XoWiki is getting to the point where we are going to be ready to use that live as our homepage.
However before we consider making XoWiki our website cms, we need to consider the idea of theming first.
Some ideas on how theming would work:
The basic idea is the use of translation keys. so you have someting like this MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'theme.add_icon' and then your teme package has the tranlation of that to <img src="/resources/mytheme/add.gif">
This is a two step process:
1. Create a theme example to prove the idea.
2. Set a time line to fix all packages to incorporate the fix.
Keys to success:
1. Inclusion into the toolkit as an idea everyone agrees on
2. Writeup Docs on how to create themes
3. Create a repo of themes one could download.
4. Maybe make a package that creates a dumy theme package you can then use to setup a new theme.
Proposed requirements for dev time:
approx 8 hours, half writing the code and maing a theme, half writing documentation